Sunday, August 30, 2009

Somethings never change

Earlier this year I posed the problem of politics, and what do you know? - The problem still prevails. Call it logic unknown to me, or lack of complete logic.

Background:

I play on a local team, a team that has only played Cup last year in D4 5-man. Other than that, we've only played local events. In these local events we've won the series championship in two of the three offered divisions. Sounds pretty good right?

Problem:

We plan on playing D3 Race to 4 at World Cup this year, and possibly Phoenix, (or whatever the first PSP event of the year is) if we play well this year at Cup. In order to prepare for World Cup, we plan on practicing a local D2 and D3 team that has been playing PSP events for the past 2 years. We are planning to play at their field, because the logistics of them coming to play at our field is just impossible. The big problem here is one of our sponsors. The sponsorship is simple, discounted paint and use of the field for practices. Our side of the sponsorship was to support the field and win. Both of which have been fulfilled.

Our sponsor doesn't want us to go to the field and scrimmage that team because of past events, and is likely to pull the sponsorship (as awesome of a deal as it is *sarcasm*) if we do scrimmage. We've completed our side of the sponsorship, we've done considerably more than any of the field's other sponsored teams. But we can't simply go to a certain field to practice a certain team.

The other thing is that we're not able to draw teams because of the lack of good teams in the area.

Choices:

Go to the scrimmage, let the field decide what (he) it wants to do, either drop us, or keep us on.

Don't attend the scrimmage, be unprepared for Cup, and not move on to National events.

Questions, and my opinion

If it was my decision to take the chance and scrimmage, what would I choose?

I have no clue, and I'm glad I don't have to be the one to make that decision. With my current situation and relationship with the field, I probably wouldn't go. If I was in any other relationship with the field I would go and risk it.

What will happen if the field decides to drop the sponsorship?

We'll find another field to play for.

What do you think will happen?

My team will probably end up going to the scrimmage, our field will drop the sponsorship, and the team will find another field. I'll probably end up leaving the team because of the relationship I have with the field, and I'll probably play with another team for World Cup



Only time will tell, stay tuned for the exciting conclusion!

No comments: